Introductions

Welcome to the Commodore OS forums. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Photos of your C64x give you extra karma!
Pad00100
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

Re: Introductions

Post by Pad00100 »

Yes ! Many new themes will be a nice addition to COS ! Theme turning COS into Workbench, or GEOS will be cool :)

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Post by LeoNigro »

Who knows what the future may bring....

Right now my priority theme wise, is to get different colours of the main theme ready for Update 1, just as there were in the original COS (which are no longer compatible). They were named after retro systems boot up colours more or less.

My personal favourite desktop theme of all time on any system, which may be controversial, is actually the MorphOS theme, which I think is just beautiful. Still, I am a little worried that if I start copying existing themes, especially from the Amiga community, I may start pissing people off. By all means however, if you would like to try, and you succeed, I would be happy to include it as an option. The more community help the better.

I still would like the current main theme to be the default COS identity theme.

The GEOS theme, kinda harkens back to the original XWindows, MacOS or even AtariOS/GEM theme, and I'm not sure other than the novelty of turning it on for a few minutes, most people would be bothered. But maybe you would, so have at go at getting it to work, and let us know how you go. Actually, XWindows itself is still a desktop option and probably mostly works. But then you lose MATE and Compiz/Emerald.

If there are themes you would like, but lack the ability(or time) to create them yourself, you can always commission an existing theme creator to make it for you (just as I have), and if it's good I'd be happy to include it as an option in Commodore OS.

Themes are a bit messy in MATE, as you can never be sure what's going to be compatible from the various desktop theming sites.

And then of course, you have the added complication of the Emerald window borders which make theme integration all the harder, as now you have to change two things. (which I could automate in the old Commodore OS and have yet to try on this version)

Then again the Emerald window border theme can be either re-skinned or turned off altogether.
Emerald, can also do window shadows, or the glow effect Commodore OS has on the window borders. (A white shadow?)
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

james2002

Post by james2002 »

Hey Everybody Especially Leo. Hope that you are doing well. I am getting ready for next months build. ( Might got carried away I decided to get new pc building tools) I got the white version of Commodore 64x. Even got a white mouse to go with it. I be putting Commodore OS Vision 2.0 on it next month.

ReflectedLightEnt

Post by ReflectedLightEnt »

Hello Leo Nigro. It's been awhile. I had one of the original CommodoreUSA's VIC-Slim system. So, I'll be curious what updates to CommodoreOS Vision has happened since the original version(s) from that time. New... 2.0... okay.

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Post by LeoNigro »

Cool, welcome back Guys.

I loved the VIC-Slim. It handled Commodore OS 1 like a breeze. Let me know how you fare with COS2.

If your C64x is white does it make it a VIC-20x? I think so. Personally, I'm waiting on a C16x to complete my set. :lol:
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

termite

Post by termite »

Hi Leo, that's quite am intro, and very interesting too.

Is Leo short for Leonard? Or is your name actually Leo? My name is Leonard and I was actually born in Melbourne, Australia too. Preston, to be exact - in 1976!

It's awesome to hear that people like yourself are still enthusiastic about -- and contributing to keeping these retro technologies and memories alive!

So you played a hand in creating the c64x and also the Commodore OS Vision.

That make you awesome! Well done :geek:
Last edited by termite on Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Post by LeoNigro »

@Termite
You're too kind.

Leo is short for Leonardo (my legal name).
I've probably never been called Leonardo in my entire life though.

Let's just say I live closer to Shoppo, and leave it there. :mrgreen:
That'll have everyone but the locals stumped. :?