Internet / Email keys (Solved)

The Commodore OS Vision Linux distribution and Linux software discussion and help.
carbolicsoap
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

Internet / Email keys (Solved)

Post by carbolicsoap »

I am using Debian Linux and everything is working great with my 64X & N100 board.

The buttons on the right hand side all work other than Internet & Email. I assume you have to assign these buttons to the appropriate software but for the life of me I can't see how to do that. Does anyone have an idea how to do that? Many thanks in advance for help.

LeoNigro
    Site Admin

Re: Internet / Email keys

Post by LeoNigro »

This is an easy fix thankfully.

If you can get to a Control Panel in your Linux distro of choice you should see an icon option "Keyboard Shortcuts"
    In Commodore OS this is:
    System --> Control Center

In CommodoreOS you could also type "mate-control-center" from the command line.
    It's likely to be "gnome-control-center" on vanilla Debian.

Once in Keyboard Shortcuts
    Find the Launch Web Browser entry, double click on it and press the key to assign it to . i.e. The "INTERNET" key on your C64x (C64 function keys).
    The same also applies for Launch email client and any other functionality you like etc.

Somehow, my C64x Internet shortcut has been misdirected to WWW in Commodore OS which does nothing.
    I do remember it working. Oh well. Fixed now.
    Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

carbolicsoap

Re: Internet / Email keys (Solved)

Post by carbolicsoap »

This worked! Thank you.

I searched for keyboard within Debian, and there was Launch keys.

Thank you very much for your help!

James.