A problem with the ZIP file (solved)

The Commodore OS Vision Linux distribution and Linux software discussion and help.
LeoNigro
Site Admin
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

A problem with the ZIP file (solved)

Post by LeoNigro »

The Commodore OS ISO, and associated files were compressed to a ZIP file within Windows.
It was just brought to my attention(thanks demic78), that as a result, the ZIP file will appear corrupted in Linux.

There are probably a variety of reasons why this is the case, and I have been unable to find a work-around.
So, as it stands the ZIP file in the torrent, that many of you may be downloading, can only be unzipped within Windows.

As this is an issue, I have replaced the torrent file on the CommodoreOS.net site so it contains the contents of the ZIP rather than the solitary ZIP file.

If you would like to help with the seeding of this new torrent, know that the contents of the new torrent are identical to the contents of the ZIP file and that the files could easily be replaced to cut down on a full re-download via the new torrent. You can do this by pausing the new torrent once it has registered the files, opening the folder location and replacing them with the files extracted from the zip and forcing a recheck. (I use qBittrorent, so your jargon my differ)

My apologies to the Linux users that have been inconvenienced.
I'm guessing it was relatively few and that most users come from Windows and may be new to the Linux eco-system
Also, it would appear the old torrent is still being kept alive for the stragglers.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)