New Themes

Topics not covered in the other forums.
Pad00100
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

New Themes

Post by Pad00100 »

Hi ! I wonder if COS will have more themes in the future ? I think that the inspiration of AmigaOS - Workbench, or GEOS can give us many nice themes :)

Is there any possibility to help in the creation of such themes ?

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Re: New Themes

Post by LeoNigro »

My priority at the moment is to make different colours of the main theme, and an automated way to change, the Panel, Emerald, Mate and maybe Dock themes simultaneously (which was all in COS v1).

If you can get such retro themes as AmigaOS - Workbench, or GEOS, working under COS, I would be happy to include it in an update.

As I mentioned, in a similar post, my favourite is the MorthOS theme, which is absolutely beautiful.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

James N

Post by James N »

I like what Twister UI / Twister OS has going on. Maybe COS will be analogous one day.

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Post by LeoNigro »

@JamesN
I like what Twister UI / Twister OS has going on. Maybe COS will be analogous one day.
Maybe in colour schemes and some window decorations...like an updated version of those systems.....that would be easy enough....but I'm not sure you would really want to go back to the old window interfaces except to show off the gimmick as opposed to using it long term (unless you were on the original hardware).

Maybe the best way to relive the real GUI interfaces of yesteryear, is to run them under emulation which is quite easily done.
Take piMiga, which runs Amiberry on Debian, and can launch Linux software from an emulated Amiga running Scalos, which then appears as running within the Scalos window system. (I think??? I described that correctly)
There's a bit of a guide on the forum. I've yet to get around to try it.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)