C64X Extreme

Computer hardware info, help, support and suggestions relating to MyRetroComputer's C64x.
Strud
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

C64X Extreme

Post by Strud »

I have received my Kickstarter Green C64X Extreme PC and will be installing CommodoreOS on it shortly. Should be a great combination.
Thanks for your work updating this distro for modern hardware.

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Re: C64X Extreme

Post by LeoNigro »

Thanks. That is most gratifying. I hope you enjoy it.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

Aulddood

Post by Aulddood »

Strud wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:13 pm I have received my Kickstarter Green C64X Extreme PC and will be installing CommodoreOS on it shortly. Should be a great combination.
Thanks for your work updating this distro for modern hardware.
I thought the extreme's were coming with CommodoreOS installed ?

Strud

Post by Strud »

Aulddood wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:51 pm I thought the extreme's were coming with CommodoreOS installed ?
I believe that was the original plan but many (all?) were sent out from the factory without the image installed. That is why Sean sent out links to an earlier version of the CommodoreOS installer to backers of the Extreme and Ultimate C64X.

Aulddood

Post by Aulddood »

Strud wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:23 am
Aulddood wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:51 pm I thought the extreme's were coming with CommodoreOS installed ?
I believe that was the original plan but many (all?) were sent out from the factory without the image installed. That is why Sean sent out links to an earlier version of the CommodoreOS installer to backers of the Extreme and Ultimate C64X.
Ah ok, i never saw that link. Did you manage to install it ok from the link here. I tried to install on my Acer travelmate laptop but am having some issues. I had to install in failsafe mode and am now finding that there is no WiFi or sound.

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Post by LeoNigro »

@Aulddood
Did you try updating the kernel? It might solve the problem.
From the Menu
System --> Commodore OS --> Install Latest Linux Kernel
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

Aulddood

Post by Aulddood »

LeoNigro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:26 pm @Aulddood
Did you try updating the kernel? It might solve the problem.
From the Menu
System --> Commodore OS --> Install Latest Linux Kernel
Ah good shout I will try that tonight, thanks Leo.

James N

Post by James N »

Did you get it resolved?

Aulddood

Post by Aulddood »

James N wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:07 am Did you get it resolved?
I have made progress. The first thing to do is make sure that you have bios set to non secure, ie legacy mode not eufi. I then ran through the install process with the laptop hardwired to my network. It installed ok and i do now have sound. However, the next channel is to get it working on WiFI and a second monitor. Looks like the WiFi driver or the Acer has not been installed and i guess its the same for the Video driver that cannot detect my second monitor. I am hoping to get these issues sorted over the christmas break :) Have you managed to install ok with everything working ? Is your laptop and Acer ?

Deepshadow(MRC)

Post by Deepshadow(MRC) »

Did you get Commodore OS installed ok onto your Extreme?