Latest Commodore OS update version

The Commodore OS Vision Linux distribution and Linux software discussion and help.
Aulddood
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

Latest Commodore OS update version

Post by Aulddood »

I seem to be endlessly updating the OS. What is the latest update number , i believe that I am on 18 at the moment. What is the latest update we should be at ?

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Re: Latest Commodore OS update version

Post by LeoNigro »

Sorry about that. :?
If it is updating version then that is a bug I accidentally triggered when updating the site. I accidentally overwrote the version number temporarily, and you would have chosen to update during that period, and because the updater increments version number, it is now out of sync and thinks it always needs to update, but there is no update as of yet.

NOTE: I'll let you know on this site when a new version is available.

There is a menu option in the Commodore OS menu that performs a reset on the versioning that fixes the updater problem.
Sorry again. I'm not Microsoft. :geek:

However, be assured updating is not in vain. It is actually updating existing linux software components as you would expect.
I might modify this procedure to actually display what it is doing. I got a little too clever with the update progress box, hiding the complexity.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

Aulddood

Re: Latest Commodore OS update version

Post by Aulddood »

ah ok, got it. Thanks for for the clarification, i thought something was up :)