Keyring Unlock Issues (SOLVED)

The Commodore OS Vision Linux distribution and Linux software discussion and help.
Aulddood
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

Keyring Unlock Issues (SOLVED)

Post by Aulddood »

Further to this, i have been getting prompted for a Keychain password (specifically) when trying to run the Spotify App. My sudo password does not work and neither does the C= password. Anybody have any idea what this password is. See screenshot for the prompt?
Keyring.png
Keyring.png (88.27 KiB) Viewed 7411 times

LeoNigro
Site Admin

Keyring Unlock Issues

Post by LeoNigro »

(I have split this topic off)

I think this may occur when you change your password from the default one (which is good practice but not essential).
I know you get this prompt when Chromium opens for the first time, but as I've not changed my password it manages to unlock it.
I wonder where you got the Spotify app from?

Let's try this:

Click on the menu icon in the dock and use the search to find "passwords and keys" (or alternatively type "searhorse" from the CLI)

You may need to hit the arrow key in the top left of the window to see your entries.

On the left under Passwords right click on "Login" or a password you'd like to use and select "Set as default".
Verify that the password is the password you'd like to use (and not e.g. a former user password) by selecting "Lock" and then "Unlock" which prompts you for the password.

I hope that will fix the problem. Let me know how you go.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)

Aulddood

Keyring Unlock Issues

Post by Aulddood »

Cheers Leo, I will try this tonight when I get home.

Aulddood

Re: Keyring Unlock Issues

Post by Aulddood »

ok looks like after playing about with seahorse i must have been using c= as the password and not C=. i can unlock it now. Thanks for your help Leo .