Wifi, Screen Savers and Screen Blanking

Important guides and recommendations for Commodore OS and the C64x that were lost in a sea of posts.
LeoNigro
Site Admin
pinterest Kuchnie na Wymiar Warszawa

Wifi, Screen Savers and Screen Blanking

Post by LeoNigro »

The wifi widget is on the the menu bar on the top right of the screen.
I would look like a symbol like the following. <-> or if it is searching there will be a spinner icon.
Your wifi networks will appear in a menu once you left click on the widget.
You can also turn your wifi on and off by selecting from a menu displayed by right clicking on the widget.

The screen blanker delay can be set via the following procedure.
This can be done via Power Management which unfortunately is missing. Doah!!! :oops:
To obtain the Power Management functionality please issue the following command from the command line.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install -y mate-power-manager
The Power Management icon should now be present in the Control Center under Hardware.
Or in the top menu via:
System --> Preferences --> Hardware --> Power Management

I'll have to remember to include this in the next version.

The screen saver delay time can be set from the Visual Effects Manager accessed via the top menu via:
System --> Preferences --> Look And Feel --> Visual Effects Manager
This is where the compiz desktop effects settings are. (modify at your peril as it may cancel effects out)

Within the resulting window you then need to navigate to Extras where you will see the Screen Saver icon.
You can turn the screen saver off altogether via the checkbox or you can enter settings by clicking on the icon.
You will find the delay "after" time under the General tab.
You may also select another screen saver from this section and alter other characteristics.
Image Commodore OS creator. Site Admin. Owns: C64, C128D(Sidekick64), A500, A1000(piStorm), C64x(i7)